Wednesday, November 28, 2007

skype me

For those of you who aren't familiar with skype, it's a pretty resourceful tool to communicate with friends in every corner of the world. If you have it, my name is "sweetsrini" - please add me as your friend and we can voice or video chat. If you don't have a mic, no worries since normal chatting is a basic function of the program as well. If you don't have skype, it's easy to download. There are other programs such as oovoo.com and the oh-so popular ichat (AIM). Adium is not so bad, but I don't believe it offers voice or video chatting capabilities. Regardless, I do hope to see some more names logged into my buddy list soon. In the meantime, I'm open to suggestions and recommendations of other platforms that work well for staying in touch across multiple bodies of water.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You mentioned ooVoo as another possibility to stay connected across "large bodies of water". I know what it's like having a community of friends and family that are scattered across the globe. To note a few: while I was in college - my dad worked in Tokyo, my brother in NYC, my mom was helping out with her parents in Mexico, D.F. and I was in D.C. Now that I'm working for an international company it is nice to have programs like ooVoo because they help maintain a sense of community. It is nice to see the face of your coworkers every now and again. We're representing ooVoo now and it's great to have the opportunity to let people know about some of the cool features like up to 6 people in one video conference. Let me know if you want any more information about ooVoo. It's definitely a service I think you would enjoy!

Chris Abraham said...

Dani's right, of course, but I really would love you to know more about ooVoo if you haven't already, you should check it out. And, if you have a Mac, you really need to check out ooVoo for the Mac, which is really only in alpha right now. How do I have it? Well, I work for the gang at ooVoo.