Wednesday, April 2, 2008

it's the most wonderful time of the year!

That's right. it' s baseball season. the emails have already started flowing in from friends back home relaying tales of home openers, extra innings, beer-dampened cement stairs, and that warm, burnt pork smell. Ironically, my date with Bob Sheppard will have to be put on hold since my Yankees will be in Cleveland (of all places!!) the weekend I'm in NYC. So sad since this is their last year in "the cathedral". I'll have to catch a (gasp) Met's game, but would prefer to attend a ball game with my dad. Frontier Field in Rochester is a great spot since they host the Rochester Red Wings, a triple-A farm team for the Twins. Dad and I have had some good moments on that field, so I'm hoping for clear skies, a frothy draft, and a good, soft pretzel to keep the upstate new york chill at bay.

I'll leave you with an excerpt from an email I received recently. it might as well have been sent by a Sox fan (boo hiss). it did, however, bring a smile to my face:

"How was the Dubai World Cup? That must have been
the most over the top, expensive-to-put-on, decadent sports event
you've ever been to...oh wait, Yankees fan. I'd bet those horses
don't get groomed nearly as often as the mane on Johnny Damon."

No comments: