Wednesday, July 30, 2008

constantinople


I've neglected to recount tales of fairy book wedding adventures, fried eggs, a new house mate, and the most recent developments that have turned into a 7:45 AM departure tomorrow to Istanbul! I am very excited to see Turkey. I've always wanted to visit but wasn't quite sure when I'd get a chance. I'll be going for work but staying the long weekend for fun. Today marks a very special holiday on the Islamic calendar that I will share more details about when I return. Just wanted to share the update and promise to post pictures and stories when I return.

To recap on the last 10 days or so:

I attended a very traditional UAE wedding that lasted about 3 days. Pictures to follow, but here's a peek at the stage that the bride hangs out on the entire night before her husband arrives around midnight to claim her and sweep her away...
It reached over 125 degrees outside on Saturday and I was bored so here's how I killed time - note that this picture was taken on our courtyard patio 30 minutes after the eggs were cracked.

Moments later this guy angry fellow crashed into the side of my house. I have now claimed it as my pet. If you know anything about helmeted guineafowls besides what's on the internet, feel free to share. I'm still trying to decide on a name...

2 comments:

scm said...

Phineas T. Pheatherass

leen said...

hmmn interestin lol