Friday, July 4, 2008

yondergrrrl

Early to bed, early to rise today. Not sure if it was the excitement of lady liberty's much anticipated and celebrated birthday or just the need for a good night's sleep. I've spent the morning catching up on emails, lacing up for a nice run, and in just a few moments I'll be preparing my mom's famous corn bread recipe and a tray of brownies for the 4th of July bash we are throwing. Thinking of other staple goodies, I'm going to head to the store in search of ranch dip and ruffled chips, doritos, and rice crispies.

I've been enjoying the likes of Yonderboi, The Dining Rooms, and classic Samba music from my youth. Yonderboi's Shallow and Profound album is a fabulous twist of low-fi, acid jazz with a dose of Edit Piaf-esque vocals and Hungarian flare. I've shared it with a few friends who've enjoyed it as well. Click on his picture below for a listen...

No comments: