Saturday, August 23, 2008

HopFest!

Something I've been looking forward to since before I'd even arrived in Dubai was the Irish Village Hopfest. The Village is a popular place we often venture to after work for a frothy pint of Stella. Their annual beer festival showcases beers from all over the world with 120 varieties. This turned out to be quite the 3-day event, although I only made it to Thursday night after work since the presumably sun-soaked 3 hour wait on Friday (4 PM, mind you) did not seem worth the wait with breweries and the Wegman's beer room creeping up on the horizon in just a few weeks.

To say the least, I'm glad I attended, albeit for even just one day. Aside from the amusement of tasting hops as they were meant to be tasted, the live irish band, authentic saw dust shavings at our feet, and lively crowd, actually finding black snot (sorry, gross) in my kleenex the next day pretty much summed up the kind of night we had...

No comments: