Thursday, February 28, 2008

bombay dreams! well, kind of

Since freshman year, my "brown" friends (a.k.a. desis, the Brown Alliance) have been pushing me to make a trip to my homeland for some much needed soul searching and perhaps a samosa or two. After quite the ordeal of getting my ticket and visa in place, I'm finally packed and heading out to Pakistan this afternoon for Faisal's sister's engagement party, in addition to some other planned activities that will take us through Sunday night. We'll be staying in Lahore, which is said to mirror Delhi quite a bit. I've packed a sari for the actual engagement, which I will be sure to report on upon my return. The weather is comparable to Dubai, with highs in the mid-80s, although the nights seem to be dropping into the 50s there, which is a little cooler than the current conditions here. Above all things, I am in good hands and will be safe. What's humored me the most about this adventure is that when I tell people where I'm going, they make it a point to remind me that Bin Laden is headquartered in Lahore - Honestly, if he is, all the better since we've been looking for him for 7 years with no luck. I'll be sure to give a shout to the USA if I bump into him.

pictures to follow. In the meantime, here's a clip from one of my favorite broadway shows.


No comments: