Monday, October 15, 2007

diamond in the rough


New York's been a bit of a whirlwind! I am awake this morning on 5 hours of sleep or so and will most likely start my morning with a run through central park since I'm on my own until lunch time. I have plenty of pictures from the weekend, which I will be posting when I get back to Rochester. In the meantime, several friends and family gave me a heads up about a 60 Minutes story on Dubai that I didn't get a chance to see last night. Fortunately, the wonderful world of online video streaming afforded me the opportunity to catch a peek this morning. The story covers two aspects of the city - its growth and its reluctance to take a more active approach in putting an end to human sex trafficking and the inhumane treatment of migrant laborers. With that said, rest assured that the city is very safe and I should have no problems holding my own as a woman in the workplace or when out and about on the town. I will obviously have a better idea once I arrive, but I know I have a lot to look forward to.

No comments: