Monday, March 24, 2008

Feliz Pascua


I was told on Friday night that I have a strut like Arnold. My limp is pretty funny come to think of it - I got my stitches out on Wednesday and the scar is healing relatively well, albeit very slowly. Regardless, I've been limping around with a permanent bend in my right knee. I know this sounds crazy, but it's actually much more comfortable to wear three inch heels than my reef flip flops since the heels keep my right leg permanently bent, making me look a bit less awkward when I walk around. I'm being careful and trying to stay off my leg completely, but a woman's gotta do what she's gotta do to get around and look stylish. I guess I should be thanking Steve Madden and Aldo for their help in the healing process, in addition to Band-aid and Neosporin.

Easter was not much to be celebrated here. For starters, I spent 11 hours at the office! I suddenly had a pang for Sweet Tart bunny and chick-shaped candies, Cadbury eggs (which I don't even like), and the smell of that plastic grass mom used to use to fill up our baskets. Easter really does come with a smell and you can find it in the candy aisle of CVS (sigh). I miss this time of year suddenly. To celebrate, Faisal gave me a large chocolate egg covered in gold foil and we dined at a great Latin place called Pachanga where a Spanish trio was playing live bossa nova and covers of some of my favorite artists including Rosario's Casa en el Aire (my favorite of hers!) and Maná's Corazón Espinado.
I'm hoping to be all healed up by this weekend since I was handed a VIP pass today to the Dubai World Cup, which is basically the richest horse race in the world, hosted by the one and only Sheikh Mo! I will need to do some hat shopping beforehand and am going to stay hopeful that these Arabs know how to make a mean mint julep.

No comments: