Monday, May 26, 2008

a bit of ear candy

This morning I've been running around trying to organize the media since Ahmed Bukhatir has a concert tonight in Dubai that I will be attending at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel. I'm really looking forward to finally getting to hear him sing live. It should be something else. I wrote a post about him a few weeks ago - this is basically what he is going to be singing in both English and Arabic, all done in the traditional nasheed style.

A friend of mine sent me a really fantastic mix of artists that have kept my ipod busy for the last few days including:

Matthew Dear
Panda Bear

Tortoise

Bright Black Morning Light

The Be Good Tanyas

Dilla

Tom Waits

Bon Iver

Sufjan Stevens

Little Feat


I'm sure a quick name search on myspace will yield some good samples of some of their tunes. A few of them are a bit more well known - I can safely say I've been to my fair share of Little Feat and Sufjan Stevens shows, but Bon Iver is someone relatively new whose melancholy album I started listening to about a month ago and have really enjoyed.

On a completely different note, I found this
piece about the Big Lebowski on NPR and it made me laugh since it's likely something that I would have heard on my morning commute into Aurora, Ohio. Either way, it made my day. Have a listen.

No comments: