Thursday, May 8, 2008

wishing for wegmans

Last night was quite a good time with the arrival of Steve and Josh, two of my best friends from home. We go as far back as the lunch table our freshman year in high school and have spent just about every monumental teenage moment together from pep rallies to prom. It's crazy to think back 10 years ago and imagine what we would have said then had someone told us we would be sharing a bottle of wine in Dubai last night. We had dinner at Le Meredien just off airport road, which I had never been to but will need to start going to more often, with their really tasty all you can eat and drink buffet dinner for just 150 Dirhams (about $40). They had everything from Indian fare to fresh seafood and Arabic food. The night led us to the Irish Village, where I've been spending quite a few nights with the temperature just perfect in the evenings. We're milking this for all it's worth before it starts to heat up and the mere thought of standing outside brings sweat to your brow... Tonight we're headed to Barasti, another great outdoor venue, and then who knows. I am SO sleepy after my 2:30 AM bed time and 8:30 AM meeting this morning, but I'll have to make do with a nap on the beach tomorrow I guess (i know, life is hard...sigh). Below is a picture of us from last night. Josh is in the middle and "Stevo" is on the right.

No comments: