Tuesday, May 6, 2008

thunder!

Sarah came into my room this morning to make sure I was up and as I peeped my head out from my bathroom to wish her a pleasant morning, our bodies froze with excitement from the sound of roaring thunder outside of my bedroom window. We cautiously leaned out the window to make sure our ears weren't playing tricks on us, only to be welcomed by that sweet, thick smell you can only find just before a summer downpour. Although we were greeted with just a drizzle, other parts of the city had some of the worst rain in years. Here's one of my favorite shots of the morning from Gulf News and some coverage on the weather - unlike most parts of the world faced with rain, the news had such a positive twist to it since we haven't seen even a sprinkle since January!

No comments: